Time Warner Cable is again looking for the best moms in the region, who will be honored with a slew of prizes and a special luncheon on Mother's Day. This year's top prizes even include a iPads.
The "best moms" are chosen each year based on feedback provided by their children in the form of a video or written essay.
Here is a news release from Time Warner Cable on the annual event:
Now in its 11th year, the Best Moms Contest invites 4th through 12th grade students in the Coachella Valley, Beaumont, Banning and Morongo Basin to share their stories by submitting an essay or short video to the TWCBestMoms.com website telling what makes their mom the “Best Mom.”
- All students in grades 4-12 may participate in the essay contest
- Students over the age of 13 may participate by submitting an essay or a video
“The Best Moms Contest gives us the opportunity to recognize some of the areas most devoted and inspirational moms or those who take on the role of ‘mom’ in the life of youngsters. Entering the contest via the TWCBestMoms.com website, students will use their STEM skills in addition to creativity and storytelling to share the impact that their mothers and caregivers have had on them,” said Kim LaTour, director of community investment for Time Warner Cable. “At Time Warner Cable, we firmly believe in supporting programs and STEM initiatives that enhance educational opportunities in our communities.”
Time Warner Cable’s Best Moms Contest Details:
- Electronic entries will be accepted Feb. 7 - March 7, 2014. All entries must be uploaded to www.TWCBestMoms.com.
- Judges, made up of local VIP’s and Time Warner Cable employees, will electronically select up to 25 “Best Moms” winners based on the student entries’ creativity, style and content.
- One winner from each school level - elementary, middle and high school – will receive a new iPad and the winning students’ teachers will each receive a $250 gift card for classroom supplies.
- Each Best Mom and her participating student will be honored at a special luncheon on Mother’s Day Weekend, Saturday, May 10th, where they will receive an award and fabulous gift bag.
The Best Moms Contest contributes to Time Warner Cable’s “Connect a Million Minds,” the company’s five-year, $100 million initiative to inspire the next generation of problem solvers by connecting young people to the wonders of STEM (science, technology, engineering and math). The Time Warner Cable Best Moms Contestencourages students to tell their personal stories using basic STEM skills such as computer literacy and introductory video production.
For complete details or to enter the Time Warner Cable Best Moms Contest, visit www.TWCBestMoms.com.