As if a trip to the dentist isn't scary enough for some, one man got a little extra scare in Palm Springs Friday night, as police swarmed into a dental office after receiving a tip that fugitive Christopher Dorner may have been there.
According to Palm Springs Police Sergeant Mike Kovaleff, PSPD "...received a report from a citizen that a subject resembling Suspect-Dorner had walked into a dental office in the 500 block of South Sunrise."
That report, made at 5:17 p.m., prompted an immediate response from the law enforcement agency, who was on scene at 5:20 p.m., according to Kovaleff.
"We contacted the reporting party, contacted office staff, and contacted a patient who reportedly had matched the description of Dorner," Kovaleff said.
"The subject was not Dorner and we cleared the call at 5:32 PM," he added.
Chris Dorner is suspected of three murders this week. Police allege he first shot and killed a couple in an Irvine parking structure in a revenge-fueled shooting. He's then accused of getting into a shootout in Corona, and fatally shooting a Riverside Police Officer.
- MANHUNT: Search For Rogue Former Cop Continues
- How the Events Surrounding Christopher Dorner Unfolded
- Patch Exclusive: Photos of Shot-up Riverside Police Cruiser
- Winter Storm Warning for Mountains Where Dorner Search is Under Way
- DORNER MANIFESTO: Rogue Officer Posted His Plan for 'Last Resort' Online
- BREAKING NEWS: Watch the Police Dorner Press Conference Live
- Suspect Identified in the Slayings of Former Walnut High Athlete and Her Fiance