.

Four Adults, One Child Displaced by Residential Fire in San Jacinto

Patch file photo by Eric Reed
Patch file photo by Eric Reed
A fire broke out Sunday morning in a garage in San Jacinto, smoke damage displaced four adults and one child, and the cause of the blaze was "electrical," a Cal Fire spokesman said.

The fire was reported at 9:26 a.m. Dec. 29 in the  1100 block of Hewitt, north of East Esplanade, Mark Annas of Cal Fire-Riverside County said in a statement.

Five engine companies responded and the first firefighters on scene "reported a single story single family dwelling with a garage involved with fire," Annas said.

"The fire was contained to the garage at 9:44 a.m. with smoke damage to interior of residence," Annas said. "The incident commander requested the American Red Cross to assist 4 adults and 1 child displaced by the fire."

No injuries to civilians or firefighters were reported, Annas said.

Total property loss was estimated $30,000 and property saved was estimated $100,000, Annas said.

Southern California Edison and Southern California Gas Company crews also responded.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something