A faulty water heater sparked a fire at a double-wide mobile home in Cabazon Thursday night, but no one was injured.
It was not immediately known how many people were in the home in the 14200 block of Almond Street-- south of I-10 and Main Street-- but Riverside County Fire Department spokeswoman Melody Hendrickson said firefighters contained the blaze to a patch underneath the structure.
"The fire started in the wall and spread to the floor and the space underneath the manufactured structure," Hendrickson said.
The fire, reported at 1:56 p.m., apparently sparked because of an electrical malfunction underneath a water heater, she said.
A total of 17 firefighters and four engines helped contain the fire in just a half hour's time, according to fire reports.