Blood bank officials are asking the public to step forward and help out the victims of a recent bus crash near Yucaipa that left at least eight dead, and many more hospitalized.
"LifeStream is appealing to local residents to donate blood today in the wake of Sunday’s bus tragedy that has sent injured to local hospitals served by LifeStream," spokesman Don Escalante said.
According to Escalante, the injured are being treated at Loma Linda University
Medical Center, Redlands Community Hospital, St. Bernardine Medical Center, and Arrowhead Regional Medical Center-- all of which are served by LifeStream.
The three-vehicle crash was reported just after 6:30 p.m. Feb. 3 on the 38 north of Bryant Street, just north of Yucaipa and east of Mentone and Redlands, according to the CHP.
If you'd like to help the injured out, you're asked to head to one of the following blood donation centers:
- San Bernardino, 384 W. Orange Show Road; 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Riverside, 4006 Van Buren Blvd.: 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Ontario, 1959 E. Fourth St.: 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Victorville, 12520 Business Center Drive, Unit G: 12 to 7:30 p.m.
- Coroner's Investigation Continues at Deadly Tour Bus Crash Scene on SR 38