A bed placed next to a wall heater caused a fire that injured a 12-year-old girl and an adult family member on Sunday in Banning, according to Cal Fire.
The fire also displaced seven people who lived in the 900-square-foot home, said Cheri Patterson of Cal Fire-Riverside County.
The fire was reported at 8:05 a.m. Sunday in the 500 block of South San Gorgonio Avenue, Patterson said.
"The fire originated in a bedroom area of the home," Patterson said in a statement.
"Two family members were injured while evacuating the home," Patterson said. "A 12 year old girl sustained minor burns to her foot, and an adult male sustained a hand injury."
Both patients were transported to local area hospital by private ambulance, Patterson said.
"Firefighters determined the cause of the fire was a bed improperly placed next to a wall heater," Patterson said.
The home had two smoke detectors, which were not working properly, Patterson said.
The fire displaced three adults and four children, according to Cal Fire.
Weekend overnight temperatures in the Banning area were in the 40s, according to the National Weather Service.
is expected Monday and Tuesday in the San Gorgonio Pass. A was issued for the mountains above the Pass through 2 p.m. Tuesday.