HALLOWEEN: Sex Offenders in Calimesa Prohibited from Decorating, Lighting, Answering Door to Trick-or-Treaters

The Riverside County Sheriff's Department has released a statement reminding the public that sex offenders in Calimesa are prohibited by city law from decorating their homes for Halloween, including lighting, and from answering their doors to trick-or-treaters.

Here's the full statement:

Calimesa City Ordinance #323 specifically prohibits Sexual Offenders who are registered pursuant to Penal Code Section 290 from certain activities on October 31st.

Sexual Offenders are prohibited from decorating their dwelling with Halloween decorations during the day or night beginning 12:01 AM and endings at 11:59 PM for that date.

Sexual Offenders must leave all exterior residential, decorative, and ornamental lighting off at the dwelling in which the offender resides, excluding exterior safety lighting, between the hours of 4:00 PM until 11:59 PM.

Sexual Offenders are prohibited from answering the door of their dwelling to children who are trick-or-treating.

The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department and the Calimesa Police Department are committed to providing a safe atmosphere for children during the Halloween holiday.

Anyone with information regarding a Sexual Offender violating any of the above terms of the Calimesa City Ordinance are encouraged to contact the Riverside County Sheriff’s Dispatch Center (1-800-950-2444).
rubberband October 31, 2013 at 02:48 PM
GOOD. This works for me!
Alexander Cuttleworth October 31, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Me too! Every city should have this ordinance.
Guy McCarthy (Editor) November 01, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Deputies Do Halloween Spot Checks on 75 Registered Sex Offenders in San Jacinto Area http://bit.ly/1aZI9eX


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »