The resort celebrated its opening Thursday night with a private ceremony and reception.
Hotel reps are touting the resort's recent partnership with Goldenvoice, owners of the Coachella and Stagecoach music festivals, which they hope positions the Hard Rock Hotel to become "the premier pool and music scene in the desert," according to their announcement.
One of the most popular elements of the Hard Rock brand is the memorabilia that adorns the walls at every property, resort reps said in an announcement distributed Friday.
"The memorabilia is carefully chosen from the coveted 'Rock Vault,' Hard Rock International's famed warehouse in Orlando, Florida that stores more than 74,000 prized possessions gathered from music legends," resort reps said.
"The collection chosen for the Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs was inspired by the city's history and nearby music festivals and will include autographed guitars, costumes from world tours, rare photographs, original contracts and more from almost every genre of music - from Frank Sinatra and Elvis to Lady Gaga and Justin Timberlake."
According to resort reps, highlights from the Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs collection include:
- Rolling Stones' Keith Richards signed Danelectro guitar, considered a collector's item in itself
- A Vera Thordardottir outfit worn by Lady Gaga during her performance at Sir Elton John's "White Tie and Tiara Ball" in 2010
- A William Rast tuxedo jacket worn by Justin Timberlake in a 2008 "Fashion Rocks" photo shoot
- Original photos used in the artwork for the Who's epic 1973 album, Quadrophenia
- A corduroy jacket owned and worn by the late, great Johnny Cash
- A fringed outfit worn by Barbados-born pop sensation Rihanna in the video for her 2010 smash single "Only Girl (In the World)"
- A wool jacket worn by Frank Sinatra, as well as a signed supplement to his Capitol Records contract stipulating he would receive top billing on all record labels
- A leather biker jacket once owned by Elvis, along with a badge given to the King by the Palm Springs Police Department making him an honorary Captain
- A hand-crafted First Act guitar made for Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine, who used it on stage
- A fringed jacket from the 1960s belonging to electric guitar legend Jimi Hendrix
- A Yamaha CB70 electric grand piano that Chris Martin of Coldplay used live as a composition tool and in the video for "Shiver"
- A custom suit tailored for Sammy Davis, Jr., who once owned a home in Palm Springs
- Bruce Springsteen's lyrics to "Hearts of Stone" - never released - with his handwritten annotations
- Eric Clapton's vintage National Studio 66 guitar
- A leather shirt from the personal wardrobe of Sly Stone, leader of Sly and the Family Stone
- A fringed vest worn by the first lady of country music, Loretta Lynn
Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs also features a lobby sculpture made of 500 recycled loud speakers and assorted electronic parts including amplifiers, radios and tuners. The interactive display was designed by Berlin-based artist Benoît Maubrey and will allow guests to "communicate" with music.
Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs is owned by Kittridge Hotels & Resorts, LLC. For more info visit www.HRHPalmSprings.com.
Hard Rock International has a total of 174 venues in 54 countries, including 138 cafes, 17 hotels and 7 casinos, according to resort reps. Hard Rock International claims to owns the world's greatest collection of music memorabilia, displayed at its locations around the globe. The company owns, operates and franchises Cafes in iconic cities including London, New York, San Francisco, Sydney and Dubai. For more info about Hard Rock International visit www.hardrock.com.