The average price of a gallon of self-serve regular gasoline in the Inland Empire surpassed $4 for the first time since Nov. 2 today, increasing 3 cents to $4.024.
The average price in Riverside and San Bernardino counties has increased 11 of the last 12 days, rising 32.4 cents over that span, including 2.1 cents on Tuesday, according to figures from the AAA and Oil Price Information Service.
The average price is 25.7 cents more than one week ago, 39.9 cents higher than one month ago and 25.1 cents greater than one year ago.
The increasing prices are the result of high oil prices, Middle East tension, maintenance at refineries that reduces supplies and investors shifting their money into the gasoline market "earlier and earlier," according to Jeffrey Spring of the Automobile Club of Southern California.
Below are some of the best gas prices available according to Gasbuddy.com.
- Chevron, 290 N Highland Springs Ave & Joshua Palmer Way. Regular: $3.95, Premium: $4.16
- ARCO, 2228 W Ramsey St & S 22nd St. Regular: $3.99, Premium: $4.18
- 76, 832 E Ramsey St & Hargrave St. Regular: $4.09 Preium: $4.49
- ARCO, 450 E First St & Beaumont Ave. Regular: $3.89, Premium: $4.09
- ARCO, 1696 E Sixth St & N Highland Springs Ave. Regular: $3.95, Premium: $4.19
- 76, 502 Beaumont Ave & E 5th St. Regular: $3.99 , Premium: $4.15