Assemblyman Brian Nestande, R-Palm Desert, will hold a town hall-style discussion this Friday on the state budget's impact on technical education in public schools.
The event is scheduled for 9 a.m. in council chamber at Palm Desert City Hall.
The discussion will cover how recent changes in state public school funding will affect career technical education, programs that partner school districts and local businesses and ideas that could be used at local schools, according to Nestande's office.
Expected to attend are:
- Morris Myers, chairman of the Riverside County Workforce Investment Board
- Wendy Frederick, director of the Indio Workforce Development Center;
- Tess Lake, coordinator of the Career Technical Education Unit at the Riverside County Office of Education
- Kit Alvare, Regional Occupational Program administrator at the San Bernardino County Office of Education
- Vince Battaglia, founder, CEO and president of Renova Solar
– City News Service.